Amsterdam Berlin is an independent design company delivering high-end experiences globally. From concept, through production, to documentation our work creates carefully crafted moments for our clients to meet their audience in culture.
Strategists, copywriters, designers, architects and engineers imagine, visualise and build thought-provoking ways to connect and foster loyalty. With our roots in campaigns, branding and product (twenty years ago we had Uma Thurman wear yellow Onitsuka Tigers in Kill Bill) we now bring all that learning into live brand expressions all over the world.
Working With Us
Good organisation, strong teamwork and quality control are the main ingredients of our day-to-day activities. Our people work together across creative disciplines – fostering a collaborative, high autonomy and low control culture to make this as smooth and inspiring as possible. This means you are welcomed to define and steer the process yourself.
Each member of our team is given the opportunity to bring ideas to the table outside of client work. We encourage self-initiated projects and regularly dedicate funds to bring them to life.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
At Amsterdam Berlin, we value equality, diversity and inclusivity as much as we value skillsets. We welcome all backgrounds and invite fresh perspectives. Our environment encourages authenticity and our recruitment process is unbiased. Please inform us of any accessibility accommodations needed during your application.
Our people also have a responsibility to act in ways that support equality, diversity and inclusion. There is an expectation that all employees will set an example of non-discriminatory behaviour and work practices.
What We Offer
- A challenging and creative work environment
- The opportunity to work with leading clients
- International projects
- Professional growth and development
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Hybrid working (where relevant to role)
- 24 days vacation + national holidays
- Annual company off-site and regular studio social events
As a Production Designer at Amsterdam Berlin you will collaborate with our team in identifying a design style for sets, locations, graphics, props, lighting, displays, sound and many more facets of our experiential events + activations.
Alongside the Production Director, Spatial Designer + Producers you will formulate the visual concept and deal with the many and varied logistics including, schedules, budgets, and staffing.
In your role you operate as a bridge between design + production, you are the conduit in which communication + process flows through when it comes to creating tangible experiences.
- Conduct client-facing brief intakes to fully understand project requirements and objectives
- Utilise your exceptional sketching, drawing, and 3D modelling skills to create and communicate imaginative design concepts
- Lead brainstorming sessions and collaborate with cross-functional teams to explore innovative design solutions
- Ensure that design concepts align with the studio's vision and maintain high-quality standards in all deliverables
- Collaborate with creatives, designers, producers, visualisation specialists, and other stakeholders to ensure successful project execution
Qualifications and Requirements
- Formal education in Spatial Design / Architecture / Theatre / Film
- Production Design / Product Design, or a similar related field
- Minimum of 2 years of previous agency/studio experience
- Proven expertise in experiential / events / installations / retail
- Exceptional sketching, drawing, and 3D modelling skills to visualise and present design concepts effectively
- Preferable experience using Rhino 3D in combination with other design tools
- Proficiency in English is essential
Typical Daily Tasks
- Concept Research + Sketching
- Location Research + Location modelling / surveys
- Zoning + User Journey Studies
- Scenographic Storyboarding + Research
- AV / Lighting / Sound Design
- Collaboration with all internal teams